[SNMP4J] Get method in MOColumn

Chris Avis chris at snmptech.com
Wed May 17 22:59:29 CEST 2006

Frank,

thanks for advise. I will have a look at both options. I noticed that
the Prospect page says an AgentX beta implementation for SNMP4J should
be ready for April 2006. What is the status as I didn't see anything in the
documented SNMP4J API.

I also want to be able to see the IP address of the interface that
received the SNMP request. Is this possible in either option?

Regards
Chris

Frank Fock wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> You can access the remote peer address by the
> getSource() method of the Request object.
> (Caution this does not return an address object
> but the initiating Event object, that contains
> the peer address - you will have to cast it
> appropriately)
> However, using the peer address when processing
> a request is not recommended and not portable.
> For example, think about an AgentX subagent
> implementation.

> Chris Avis wrote:
>> I wish to subclass MOColumn and overwrite the get() method. Can I get
>> hold of the IP Address of the Manager issuing an SNMP Request from
>> within the get() method.
>> Regards
>> Chris

Chris Avis