[SNMP4J] sending SNMP requests from multiple source IP's through the same NIC

Chuck Black chuck.black at tallac.com
Sat Dec 15 00:02:29 CET 2012

Does anybody know if it is possible to send SNMP requests from multiple IP
addresses on a single system, through a single NIC?  In other words, the
physical link to my system is actually trunked (link aggregation), and I
have multiple static IP addresses configured on my system through this one
NIC (interface card).  And I want to send SNMP requests out, using my
different source IP addresses on different requests.

I believe you can do this if you are using the normal Java socket class,
and so I'm hoping that you can do this through the SNMP APIs as well.  I'm
brand new to using snmp4j and don't have any other developers handy to ask,
so if you know the answer or have any ideas and could let me know, that'd
be great.

Thanks!
--- chuck black