MIB Explorer Android is an Android 3.2, 4.0 and 4.1 (or later) App to browse SMI v1 and v2 MIB specifications and the corresponding content of SNMP devices using SNMP v1, v2c, and v3 with MD5 and SHA authentication as well as DES, 3DES, and AES-128, -196, and -256 privacy (encryption) over UDP and TCP transport.
MIB Explorer for Android is the first App to support SNMP table browsing with a user friendly-interface and maximum MIB utilization.
Configure and monitor your routers, switches, NAS, servers, modems and other SNMP enabled devices or applications from your mobile Android device.
Variable bindings received by MIB Tree or Table Browser as well as the Trap Receiver can be put together in storable PDUs which can be further edited and send to a SNMP agent (command receiver) as GET, GETNEXT, GETBULK, SET, TRAP, INFORM or NOTIFICATION SNMP message. The PDU Editor has a Index Editor to edit the instance sub-identifier of columnar objects comfortably by providing values for the sub-index object separately.
The Trap Receiver notifies the user about new TRAP or INFORM messages. Starting with Android 4.1 also using its Notification mechanisms. To receive traps, a WLAN or LAN connection is required, because most Telco provider (for GSM/3G) provides block such messages by their firewalls.
The build-in MIB Compiler with strong and lenient syntax checking can be used to load vendor specific MIBs. MIB files can be download from the Internet or load from the local filesystem (i.e., SD card). The compiler can process plain text files and ZIP files of plain text files. In the latter case, it sorts the ZIP file entries by their IMPORT dependencies to automatically resolve them.
The Settings menu provides various configuration options. Here, the SNMP targets and users (communities) are defined as well as how MIB data is formatted when displayed and which MIB modules should be loaded from the local repository at App start-up. To facilitate MIB setup, MIB Explorer can scan the selected target to determine the MIB subset its supports which is then automatically loaded and optionally also configured for App start-up.
In a nutshell, the key features are:
- SNMP v1,2c,3 over UDP and TCP with MD5, SHA authentication and DES, 3DES, AES-128/196/256 privacy.
- User-friendly interface with auto-completion for object names and enumerations.
- Compile vendor MIBs from ZIP or text files from URL or local file (i.e., SD card).
- Auto-discover MIB set supported by a device and load it from the internal MIB repository.
- Unlimited SNMP target, SNMPv3 user & SNMPv1/v2c community configuration.
- Unrivaled PDU Editor to create, send, save and load any SNMP PDU type from browse results or traps.
- Best SNMP table view for Android on-the-market with advanced row index editor.
- Trap Receiver (UDP, TCP & SNMPv1,2c,3) notifies user about events from devices connected by WLAN.
- SNMP URI support by Browse activity with auto-completion.
- MIB Tree filter by SMI object properties for quick object (OID) lookup.
- Browser activity supports sub-tree walk.
- Optional master password to AES encrypt all SNMPv3 passphrases.